Medical Faculty at Königsberg (18th Century)
Goldbeck offers the following description of the medical faculty, which in his day consisted of three full professors (Bohl, Orlovius, and Metzger) and one assistant professor (K. G. Hagen):
“The first is professor of anatomy, the second is professor of botany, and the third is professor of chemistry. The professor of anatomy must, apart from giving theoretical lectures on this part of medicine, also give practical lectures in which the students study dissection, as well as give public demonstrations with human bodies or with animals (other than dogs). [...] The professor of botany, at least once each month in the summer, is to lead the students through the botanical garden, and at least twice during the summer take them out to the countryside.” [1782, 73, 76]
||5th Full Prof.
||4th Full Prof.
||3rd Full Prof.
||2nd Full Prof.
||1st Full Prof.