Associate Professor of
Mathematics majors at
Manchester work individually with a faculty member on a Senior Project.
This provides the opportunity to study a topic in depth and present the results
in a senior paper and an oral presentation. The following students have
worked with me on their senior project.
Jordan (’11) - “Simulation of Waiting Times at Disney World”
- Les Cintron - “Streak Shooting in Basketball --- Fact or
- Aaron Cripe - “ Statistical
Methods for Predicting Winners in the NCAA Basketball Tournament”
- Peter Dobberstein ('07) - "Compact Sets and
- Rachelle Steggerda ('07) - "Stigler's Diet Problem and the
Development of Linear Programming"
- Jarred Jagger ('06) - "Matrix Methods for Rating Sports
Hodges ('04) - "Mathematics of DNA Sequencing"
- Oleg Ivashchenko ('04) - "Historical and Mathematical
Development of the Black-Scholes Formula"
- Jennifer Kunkle ('99) - "Regression Models for Predicting
Student Retention at Manchester College"
- Aaron Richardson
('98) - "Optimization Models for Airline Scheduling in the Hawaiian
students have the option of taking regular courses for honors credit.
The following students have worked with me on honors projects.
Knuth (’15) – “Science Majors Perceptions of the Pharmacy Profession”
- of Oleg Ivashchenko ('04) - Honors Thesis
"Historical and Mathematical Development of the Black-Scholes Formula"
Stone ('04) - "Learning Styles and English/Mathematics Preferences of
Hodges ('04) - Honors Thesis "Protein-Induced DNA
Looping: An Analysis of the ARA Operon"
Gross ('02) and Rebekah Yoder ('02) -
"Relationship of Race, Gender, Major and GPA at Manchester
- Ben Long
('02) and Justin Peterson ('05) - "Regression Models for Mathematics
Placement at Manchester College"
Hodges ('04) - "Inheritance Modeling Using Matrix Diagonalization"
Ditmars ('02) - "Prediction Models for the ACS Organic Chemistry
Balagadde ('01) - "Theory and Applications of Cubic Splines"
to my home page!
This page last updated on