Middlebury, IN 46540 North Manchester, IN 46962
574 - 825-5444 574 – 536- 5246
To obtain employment in Health and/or Physical Education, working with students from grades K-12.
Transition to Teaching, Manchester College, North Manchester, Indiana, Completion 2011.
· GPA: 3.95
Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training, Manchester College, North Manchester, Indiana, 2010.
· GPA: 3.39
Student Teacher, Indian Springs Middle School and Little Turtle Elementary School, Columbia City, IN, February through May 2011
· Taught elementary and middle school physical education classes
· Implemented classroom management skills
· Designed lessons based on Indiana State Standards
· Resolved misbehavior and implemented disciplinary action
· Collaborated with other physical education teachers
Physical Education Teacher, Physical Education Preparation (PEP), Manchester College, North Manchester, IN, 2009-2010
· Taught approximately 30 local home-schooled students lessons in physical education
· Facilitated classroom management and discipline
· Organized activities for lessons such as badminton, tennis, archery, and soccer
· Resulted in increased participation in physical activities and sports outside of class
Volunteer Coach, Wabash Special Olympics Track Meet, Wabash, IN, 2010
· Measured Performances
· Organized Results for use in awards ceremony
· Coached and provided aid to several athletes
Camp Counselor, Yoder Begley Distance Camp, North Manchester, IN, summers 2008-2010
· Camp counselor at a week long residence camp for distance runners, grades 6-12
· Incorporated games and activities into camp schedule
· Initiated direction and pacing of group runs
Conference Attendee, Indiana Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (IAHPERD) Annual Conference, Indianapolis IN, 2010
· Participated in seminars on best teaching practices
· Met current and future professionals in the field of Health and Physical Education
· Student Coach for Manchester College Cross Country, Fall 2010. Organized and recorded competition data, assisted with team transportation, and initiated workout pace for athletes.
· Served as Head Student Athletic Trainer for Manchester College Men’s Basketball, Winter 2009/2010. Evaluated injuries, prescribed rehab programs, and recorded post-injury progress.
Observed and assisted in evaluations and treatments during
General Medical Rotations
at: Wabash Physical Therapy Clinic, North Manchester Clinic, and
· Served as a Student Athletic Trainer for Manchester College Wrestling, Winter 2008/2009. Aided in administering rehab programs for individual athletes while keeping facilities and competitors sanitized.
· Served as a Student Athletic Trainer for Manchester College Softball, Spring 2008. Administered joint taping/stabilization and implemented rehab programs for injured athletes.
· Served as a Student Athletic Trainer for Manchester College Football, Fall 2007. Organized on-the-field water distribution and joint taping/stabilization.
Dean’s List 2009-2011
Presidential Scholarship Recipient, 2006-2010
2010 Warren Garner Kiwanis Award for Manchester College Athletics (for academics, leadership, and athletic performance)
Student Government Association Representative for the Manchester College Athletic Training Club, 2008-2009
Student Education Association Member, 2010-2011
Manchester College Cross Country and Track, 2006-2010
· 2009 Division III Cross Country Academic All-American
· Team Captain of Manchester College Cross Country and Track teams, 2008-2010
· Two time Division III National Qualifier in 2008-2009, Cross Country
· Two time Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Champion in 2008- 2009, Cross Country
· 2010 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference 5k Champion, Track
· Manchester Track Most Valuable Runner 2008